Sunday 15 July 2007

Promoted teams

Birmingham, Derby and Sunderland all promoted. Which one will be the one to watch? My money is on Sunderland. Yes they've have a turbulent time in the last few seasons up and down and managerial changes. My humble opinion is that Roy Keane will do well with Sunderland.
As for Birmingham difficult to say. Lets see how their transfers go with the Konchesky deal pending. I must say it's good to see Steve Bruce still at the wheel and the club didn't take the usual stance of firing the manager. Also with Steve McManaman on the board this should add strength for the club.
And last but not least Derby. 2001 - 2001 season was the last top flight action for Derby. Claude Davis could prove to be a strong signing. Keen to stay in top flight football after being hampered by injury and relegation at Sheffield, perhaps being reunited with old boss Billy Davies will work well.
Let me know what you think.
Of course all of this is just my opinion and has no bearing on how any one will perform

1 comment:

simon said...

Well, I must say that I think it will be a very interesting season. I think Roy Keane will return to Old Trafford and get caught eating prawn sandwiches. And Reading will open the season and lose because all the Royals players will be trying to touch Tevez's wrinkly neck.
Nice blog. I look forward to chiming in with some really off colour comments. Come on Reading!!